The REDI Region of northwest Alberta is a favoured destination for newcomers. Boundless opportunities, welcoming people, natural beauty, a progressive outlook, and a safe, caring environment are all contributing factors that make the REDI Region a fertile ground for people with dreams who move to northwest Alberta.
In this region, newcomers are not alone. A large percentage of the population are people who were looking for just what you’re looking for – the freedom to choose a better life; an opportunity to use your skills and talents to better yourself, your family, and your community.
The north has been characterized as “caring communities of rugged individuals”. If you have the ambition, the skills, and the dream, the REDI Region of northern Alberta is the place to fulfill them all.
Why Choose REDI?
- Schools offer contemporary instruction, highly qualified teachers, and an average class size of 20 students.
- A wide variety of Distance Learning Courses from Business Administration to Diagnostic Medical Sonography Bridging.
- The La Crete campus of Northern Lakes College offers English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
- Albertans no longer pay health care insurance premiums.
- Telehealth uses videoconferencing to connect remote areas with specialists and experts in larger centres.
- Rental rates are comparable to those in other areas of Canada.
- Home prices compare favourably with other smaller northern towns and are less than those in larger centres like Calgary or Edmonton.
Cost of Living
- There are more Albertan households with incomes higher than the national average.
- There is no provincial sales tax in Alberta.
- Many and varied recreational and cultural opportunities are found in the region, many of which are free or substantially less expensive than similar activities in large centres.